Therapy for Anxiety
Is anxiety taking over your life? Does it feel like you can’t control it no matter how hard you try? Have you already tried therapy but found it ineffective?
If this sounds like you, I’m confident I can help. My practice offers the most effective forms of treatment, to get the relief from anxiety that you deserve.
When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option. That’s because anxiety therapy—as opposed to anxiety medication — treats not just symptoms but the underlying cause.
Often, these are symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
Therapy can help to uncover the underlying reasons for your worries and fears, learn how to relax, learn to look at situations in a new, less frightening way, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.” Herman Hesse
Therapy can help you find the still center from which you can act with confidence. If anxiety is blocking you from living a full life, I invite you to contact me today for a free consultation.