Living with Chronic Illness
Living with a chronic illness can be stressful and require a lot of adjustments in your life. A chronic illness diagnosis often comes with high levels of uncertainty, lifestyle changes, and unfamiliar treatments.
In therapy, you can find support with:
- Building a solid, compassionate partnership with yourself
- Grieving losses and processing anger and other challenging emotions
- Navigating lifestyle changes and medical care
- Managing energy levels and fatigue
- Dealing with changes in your friendships, partnerships
- Adjusting to changes in your work—or adjusting work to your changes
- Including mindfulness and your own spiritual practices in your illness-management toolkit
- Dealing with stigma or discrimination
- Asking for and receiving help
- Building a fulfilling, well-rounded life
“Life is tough, my darling, but so are you.”
Teletherapy is a wonderful option for those living with chronic illness—you can access therapy from the comfort of your own home.
I can provide you with a safe, compassionate, judgment-free space to explore options and integrate changes. If you want support in living with chronic illness, give me a call!